Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sabado, Setyembre 24, 2011

Un Amore del Padre (A Father's Love) ("Life is Beautiful" film review)


             “Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.” – Anonymous

            “Life is Beautiful” is basically about a young Jew, Guido Orifice (portrayed by Roberto Benigni) who arrived in Arrezo, Italy with the hopes of putting up his own bookstore. There, she met and fell in love with a school teacher named Dora (portrayed by Nicoletta Braschi). Despite the odds, they ran away to fought for their love and had a son named Giosue (portrayed by Giorgio Cantarini). During the time Jews were collected, Guido and Giosue were captured and Dora had no other choice but to suffer with them.

            What’s amazing about the film was that it showed the viewers how far a father would go for his child. Guido was not just a father. He was a dad. And he was the perfect example of what a dad should be.

            Guido was strong enough that despite the big obstacle they were facing, he was able to protect his innocent son from the violence around him. He also managed to do something for his wife no matter how hard the situation was. Guido was willing to sacrifice everything, even his life, for the welfare of his family.

            The film was also commendable because of its optimism. No matter how melancholic the events in the film were, the director presented them in a positive way. He creatively used humor to entice the audience and to make them appreciate the film not only because it made them cry, but also because it had a positive impact to them.

            I was also amazed when someone told me that the movie was actually a low-budget one. First was because it had a wonderful storyline. I even thought that the script was made by someone who was already a pro in writing. Second was because the actors, especially Giorgio Cantarini, were very convincing in portraying their roles.

            The only thing I didn’t appreciate was the last part. It was lacking something. The death of Guido was so sudden that it did not have any effect on me at all. I was like, “After all the things they had been through, the story would only end that way?”

            I could compare Guido to my Papa. He was the kind of father that always tries to make me laugh every time I have problems. I sometimes get irritated, but after a while, I realize that it was actually so sweet of him.

Papa was also Superman minus the costume. Regardless of his hectic schedule, he still ensures my safety by driving me home whenever I have 9 pm classes.

“Life is Beautiful” is a wonderful, straightforward film. This movie will absolutely make you realize the greatness of having a father.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento